- This event has passed.
Strategies for Boosting Accountability & Transparency in Local Government (Zoom meeting)
September 23 @ 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm
Jackson Paller, Community Lawyer for the Citizen Advocacy Center will be presenting to us on this important topic via Zoom.
Registration for this Zoom event is required. REGISTER HERE.
We’ll learn strategies to:
- Ensure our voices are heard;
- Organize for community change;
- Help keep our elected local officials accountable;
- Advocate for more transparent and timely communication from the Village about matters they are considering and voting on;
- Push for improving how Village Commissions operate and for more diversity in appointed Commissioners;
- Address nepotism in local government;
- Learn about laws related to the operations of local governments and their official meetings.
There will time in the meeting to bring up specific concerns and Q&A.
We hope you’ll join us for this important meeting that we hope will lead to future discussions and planning.
The Citizen Advocacy Center is an award winning, non-profit, non-partisan, free community legal organization founded in 1993 to build democracy for the 21st century by strengthening the citizenry’s capacities, resources, and institutions for self-governance.
CAC operates through the use of community lawyers who protect the public’s assets and promote meaningful participation in the democratic process. CAC engages in a holistic approach to building democracy through community organizing, coalition building, legal advocacy, civic education, and litigation to make government more accountable, accessible, and transparent.